Rüdiger Schultz - Profile
Rüdiger Schultz runs a small IT company (Schultz IT Solutions) located in Vienna, Austria.
Astronomy was a strong interest for all of his life. Some of the major cornerstones are:
- 2010-today: official Partner for the UNESCO Initiative "Astronomy and World Heritage"
- 2009-today: Webmaster for the IAU Working Group "Astronomy and World Heritage"
- 2009-today: Webmaster for the ISAAC and OXFORD Conferences Website
- 2006-today: Project co-ordinator for "Ancient-Skies - Human Cultures and Their Skies"
- 2010-today: Member of the private club at the observatory "Kuffner Sternwarte" at Vienna, Austria
- 1996-2010: Team Member of the public observatory "Kuffner Sternwarte" at Vienna, Austria
- 2007: Team Member of the public planetarium "Zeiss Planetarium" at Vienna, Austria
- 1999: Publication "Phantasie und Wirklichkeit" about stellar constellations and their myths
- 1986: Teammember of the expedition "Südstern" (organized by "Sternwarte Eschenberg") to australian outback for photographing comet Halley
- 1978-1983: He helped establishing the "Sternwarte Eschenberg" as a well known local public observatory in and around Winterthur, Switzerland
As Project co-ordinator for Ancient-Skies, he is responsible for all organizational issues, promoting the project and establishing strong links to other related projects globally. He designed and created the web based knowledgebase and is responsible for the ongoing maintenance.
You can contact Rüdiger by means of